City of Toledo Licenses
City of Toledo Licenses expire December 31, 2019
January 1 - 31st there is no late fee to renew. February 1 - December 30, 2020 there is a $50.00 late fee.
Anyone caught working with an expired license will be subjected to a possible fine.
To renew your City of Toledo license, download and fill out the Application. You can fax it to their office at 419-245-1329, drop it off at their office located at One Government Center, Suite #1600, Toledo, OH 43604 or mail it in with your payment.
You can also visit the Building Inspection Department Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:30AM-4:15PM, or we will be located at Water Distribution 401 S. Erie Toledo, Ohio 43604 after hours at the following dates and times:
- Saturday, December 21 - 8am- 12pm
- Wednesday, December 18 - 4pm-7pm
- Saturday, December 7 - 8am-12pm
- Saturday, November 23 - 8am-12pm
If you have questions please feel free to contact Building Inspection 419-245-1220
City of Toledo License for Travelers
In order to work in the City of Toledo you must have a Toledo License. You can obtain a Traveler Journeyman license for a fee of $100.
The City of Toledo also requires proper documentation such as a license from another state or proof of completion of a bona fide apprenticeship program. You will not have to take a test.
You may call the City of Toledo, Division of Building Inspection at 419-245-1220 for more information.
It is not necessary to have the license prior to taking a call. When you take a call, the referral office will instruct you on how to obtain the license. This can be done after you accept a call through our hall.
The deadline to renew your Michigan license is December 31. Apprentice licenses for the State of Michigan are good from September 1 to August 31. Therefore, renewal deadline for Michigan licenses for apprentices is August 31.
The State of Michigan is sending a postcard to members reminding them to renew their license. Follow their instructions by logging onto their website to renew your license online. In order to renew your license online, you must have an account. Click on Michigan License Renewal - No account for complete instructions.
Visit www.michigan.gov for detailed instructions and requirements.
To renew your license online, visit https://aca3.accela.com/LARA.
Questions? Email: LARA-BCC-Licensing@michigan.gov
Your license can only be linked to one email account. If you have trouble logging in or renewing your license, call 517-241-9316
Michigan Licenses for Travelers
Our jursidiction covers counties in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. Some job sites in Michigan will require you to have a State of Michigan License.
For information regarding Michigan licenses, contact the Electrical Division for Michigan Licenses
For information regarding your Ohio Fire Alarm License go to elicense7-intranet.commerce.ohio.gov or call (614)-752-7126
City of Oregon License Information
A Transportation Worker Identification Credential, also known as a TWIC Card, is an identification card that uses smart card technology to link the individual to the credential itself. The card is used by individuals who need unescorted access to secure areas of a port, vessel or facility regulated by the Maritime Transportation Security Act such as working at the docks in downtown Toledo or at Johns Manville in Waterville.
TWIC cards are valid all over the country, regardless of where it is obtained. It is a good idea to get a TWIC card especially if you plan on traveling. Also, members who are not on the book and are already working should consider applying for a TWIC card. It could take up to 6 weeks to obtain your TWIC card.
Applying for a card
- Begin the process by visiting the TSA website at universalenrollment.dhs.gov and fill out the online application. Or, you can call their office at 855-347-8371 and give them the information over the phone. Their hours are 7 am - 10 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Schedule an appointment to complete the process by calling 855-347-8371.
- If your appointment isn’t scheduled for several weeks, you can change it by calling the Reliable Drug Testing Clinic at 419-517-1027. Their office is located at 7610 New West Rd. in Toledo, OH.
- You must bring two (2) forms of ID with you to your appointment; acceptable documents include a driver’s license, birth certificate and a passport.
- The cost to renew your card will be $125.25, payable by credit card only. The LMCC will reimburse you for the cost of the TWIC card. Turn in your receipt (must be original receipt) to Local 8 and a check will be mailed to you.
Please note: TWIC cards are good for five (5) years.
When renewing your card, you should begin the renewal process
at least thirty (30) days before your card expires.
Visit https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic or call them at (855) 347-8371 for additional information.
Reliable Drug Testing Clinic Hours:
7610 New West Rd. Wednesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Toledo, OH 43617-4201 Thursday: 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The enrollment center is near the end of the street on the right (just before the cul-de-sac), and has three flag poles in front of the entrance.