***PLEASE NOTE: THE REFERRAL OFFICE IS CLOSED DAILY FROM 12:00 - 1:00 PM***
For Local 8's job outlook, please call the job line at
(419) 666-6915 and choose option #4.
***NEW REFERRAL SYSTEM - EFFECTIVE MAY 28, 2019***
In an effort to better serve our members, contractors and customers, Local 8 implemented a BID/DAY HALL/CALL BOOK
effective May 28, 2019. Calls will still be filled in order by page and line number.
After new jobs are posted in the evening on the job line and on the website, a member can call the job line and enter "1" for Book 1
(all classifications) to bid or enter "2" for Book 2 (all classifications) to bid. When placing a bid, please leave your name, classification,
page and line number, as well as the job(s) you are interested in.
Bidding will be closed at 7:30 am. We will still have a day hall so a member can come in anytime after
7:30 am to sign the day hall sheet.
Daily Referral Schedule
|* At 8:00 am the Dispatcher will call those who bid on Book 1 and those in the Day Hall
|* If calls are filled by the Bid List/Day Hall no one will receive nicks.
|* If calls have not been filled off the Bid List/Day Hall, then the Dispatcher will begin calling
|the Top 20 on Book 1. Only people in the Top 20 will receive nicks if they do not accept a call.
|* We will update the website and job line as early as possible with any jobs remaining.
|* Followed by calling those who bid on Book 2 and those in the day hall.
|* Followed by calling the Top 20 on Book 2. Only people in the Top 20 will receive nicks if they
|did not accept a call.
* 10 days notice must be given to the Referral office.
* Vacations may be ended early, with 1 week notice.
* Members will retain their page and line number while on vacation.
* Members on vacation are not eligible for Short calls.
* Vacations may be up to two weeks.
- will last a minimum of 1 day and a maximum of 14 calendar days;
- will roll through the book a maximum of 20 people per day;
- will be filled before regular calls;
- while working a short call, you are not eligible to take a regular call;
- anyone who is terminated for cause or who quits a short call will sign the back of the book;
- there are no nicks for short calls, either take the call that you are offered or wait until they get through the book again;
- specialty calls such as welding, instrumentation, certified wind turbine, Nukes and Brush Wellman are exceptions;
- all license calls, OSHA 10 and background checks are NOT exceptions;
- anyone taking a call that they do not qualify for, such as a license call when they do not have a license, upon rejection, shall sign the back of the book;
- short calls do not erase any nicks from your place on the book;
- upon successful completion of a short call, you must return your signed pinkie within 1 business day.